Thursday, November 3, 2011

Some JournalFest 2011

Just wanted to drop by again and leave a couple of photos of somethings I did at JournalFest this year.  In Karen O'Brien's class "Pencil Dreams" on Day 3, I took a back and white copy of a head/neck clip art piece and finished out the rest of the portrait.  We were attempting to learn shading with pencils, watercolor and gauche on clear gesso ground.  It turned out pretty good I think:


We also did some fun faces in attempts to make imaginary faces.  Funny how just altering facial shapes and feature placement and sizes will cause a "face" to look comical.  Mine were a little extreme but they made me smile and even laugh at some of them: 


I loved JournalFest and I learned so much this year with Orly Avineri, Roxanne Padgett and Karen O'Brien.  All three are GREAT instructors and masters at what they do.  I can hardly wait for sign-ups for next year!  However, 2011 will be difficult to exceed....

No comments: