Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Rejuvenated!

I've been working to finish up my Moleskin Journal that from the first entry looks like I first started in 2006--almost 6 years ago.  It has a lot of memories in it of all types.  I will start a new one when this one is finally retired.  I have other journals of all types of paper and purposes but I always seem to come back to this one.  I am a writer at heart and my Moleskin is the perfect surface for this.  I don't always add any art or backgrounds or anything else.  I often use it for notetakeing at church and art conferences I attend.  I love the feel of it and have made it mine.  What do you do most of your journaling in if you keep a journal?


I am also trying to use some of my Japanese Washi tapes that I love so much.  They are colorful and fairly thin so they don't add too much thickness to the pages.  They are paper tapes that are very versitile and often transparent.  Here are some of mine:


Here's a little tip.  You can store your Washi tape in those 12x12 scrapbook paper keepers that often go on sale at Micheal's and other places.  They are the perfect depth and I am able to store all but one column of those shown above in one container.  But, since they will continue to make Washi tape, looks like I should go ahead and start another one.  I already have one row to put in it!  If you get the clear storage box you can see all the pretty colors and patterns through the lid.

No comments: