Thursday, June 5, 2008

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

I'm finally getting around to posting on this blog! We have been busy traveling and lots of other things--especially taking photos with my new camera. Wayne had to be gone this evening so I got to work on some photos of my journal work and post on this forum.
First, I finally finished a couple of pages in the journal I started at PLAY: the retreat. Not a lot, but I have a few more pages prepped for entries now, too.
I've also started a watercolor moleskin journal. I am attempting to do pen sketches (so I can't erase anything!) and then color them with watercolor pencils and a brush. I have the sketches below (just ignore some of the discoloring due to my amaturish photography) followed by the approximate view of what I sketched. I haven't been able to add to it for a little while but I plan to continue and practice.
OK. So I also finally got brave and started working in one of my large journals that I bound at PLAY. I made this entry while I was on vacation with friends at Panama City Beach, FL. It was a fun page to do. I created it while the weather was rainy one day during our trip.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jill!

Did you make it home okay? Wasn't that a fun weekend?? I so loved chatting with you and hearing your stories! I had no idea that my palette had inspired you last year! I'm so glad that my colorful mess helped you go make art! Isn't this the best thing to do ever? It was fun to see Sasha on your other blog-she's a very pretty dog! Have fun settling back in-don't forget to make art as often as possible! : ) I wrote the wrong blog address on the sign up sheet-OY! I've included the correct link here. It was so fun to see you again. Have a great day (night)!

Liesel